At Therapeutix Wellness Center
Points to Note before Going for a Teeth Whitening Session
Before you go through a teeth whitening procedure, here are important things you should know:
- Your teeth must be healthy: you cannot whiten teeth that are crooked, have exposed roots, or you have a gum disease. You must treat any underlying problem before you get to the point of whitening the teeth.
- Get ready for sensitive teeth: After teeth whitening session, you will experience a form of sensitivity which is a common side effect of teeth whitening.
- The effect of the teeth whitening does not last forever: After going through the teeth whitening process, it will last for a maximum of two years or less. It may also last for as little as six months depending on the lifestyle habits. If you wish to have the effects last longer, you will have to repeat the process all over again after some time.
- Get the right size of the whitening trays from your dentist: Buying the over-the-counter trays may not be the best option as the teeth are not of the same size in everyone. Let your doctor give the right choice so that the tray will rest on the right place in the mouth.
- Do not apply the whitening gel on the soft tissues: Avoid letting the gel get into contact with the soft tissues as it may lead to irritations
- Teeth whitening results are not the same for everyone: The outcome of the teeth whitening procedure will not be the same as the condition of the teeth are also different. If your teeth were better-taken care of before you went for the whitening session, you will have better results than the person who was not practicing good oral hygiene.
Check out our main page: http://www.tmclife.net