At Therapeutix Wellness Center
Precautions When Using Teeth Whitening Pens
For best results, ensure that you observe the following precautions when using a teeth whitening pen:
- Do not let the teeth whitening pen get into the eyes as it could lead to eye complications. If it accidentally gets into the eyes, you should rinse off immediately and seek medical attention if the problem persists.
- A teeth whitening pen should not be used on children as its safety has only been tested on adult teeth.
- The teeth whitening pen should only be used as directed by the manufacturer or your dentist. Any wrong use could result in damage to the teeth, gums, or even the roots of the teeth.
- Ensure that the teeth whitening gel does not reach the gums as it could lead to irritation or more severe damage.
- If in the process of using the teeth whitening pen you experience soreness, reddening or swelling in your mouth, discontinue the use of the pen and if the condition worsens get professional help.
- Do not use a teeth whitening pen to whiten any artificial addition to the teeth like a cap, veneer, filling, bridge, denture, or a crown as it will not work. It is only designed to work on natural teeth.
- For the teeth whitening pens that contain ingredients that may lead to abrasion like hydrogen peroxide, you should avoid continued use for a prolonged period. Ensure that you give your teeth some break in between applications.
- Get examined by your dentist so that he can determine if your teeth are in the right state to allow the use of a teeth whitening pen. If this is not the case, you should take care of the problems in the teeth first and then get to the whitening.
Check out our main page: http://www.tmclife.net