At Therapeutix Wellness Center
How to Take Care of Whitened Teeth in the First Twenty-Four Hours
After a teeth whitening session, you should observe the following:
- Do not take any dark drinks that may stain your teeth like coffee, colored drinks, fruit juice, or even tea
- Stay away from dark foods that may stain your teeth like soy source, fruits, Bolognese, and red meat. Bananas are the only fruits that you can take.
- If any food would stain a white blouse, keep away from it.
- Do not smoke for the first twenty-four hours after the teeth whitening session as your teeth will get stained again.
- The only cigarette you can indulge in within the twenty-four hours is the electronic cigarette and it should be in moderation.
- Do not brush your teeth using colored toothpaste or a mouthwash before the end of twenty-four hours.
- If you cannot avoid taking the drinks that may stain your teeth, you can take them using a straw. With this, the drink will bypass your teeth leaving them as white as they were before taking the drink.
- Use sensitivity toothpaste to help in getting rid of the sensitivity. If this is not available, you can use a pain-relieving tablet to help ease the pain resulting from the sensitivity.
After the twenty-four hours, you should maintain good oral hygiene if you wish to maintain the shiny look on your teeth. Brush your teeth using a whitening toothpaste and rinse off with a whitening mouthwash. This will keep the teeth whitening effect much longer.
You can also use the whitening trays or strips which you can either buy over-the-counter or get them from your dentist as this will also keep your teeth whiter for longer.
Check out our main page: http://www.tmclife.net