At Therapeutix Wellness Center
How to Reduce the Side Effects Resulting from Teeth Whitening
A teeth whitening treatment carried out by a professional dentist will be generally safe and effective. However, certain side effects occur as a result of the treatment some of which cannot be avoided like tooth sensitivity. Here are ways that can be adapted to keep the side effects as minimal as possible:
- Using high-quality whitening agents for the teeth whitening treatment: You should ask the dentist to let you know the whitening agent that will be used before going for the actual treatments.
- Book an appointment with the doctor before the actual treatment where the doctor will take time to examine your teeth and get to find out if you can undergo the teeth whitening process. If the doctor discovers that you have sensitive teeth, gum complications, decaying of teeth, or any other complication in your mouth, he will suggest of alternative treatment.
- During the teeth whitening session, the doctor should be careful not to allow the whitening agent to get into contact with the gums as it contains hydrogen peroxide that may harm the gums.
- After the teeth whitening procedure, you should follow the instructions given by the dentist to help reduce the sensitivity. Do not get into habits that will make the side effects worse like consumption of cold or hot substances.
- Make sure that the person who is attending to you is qualified and experienced in teeth whitening procedures. This is the only way you can be assured of getting good services with minimal side effects.
Your mouth is really sensitive and you would not want to have an inexperienced dentist harm it. Ensure that the place where the procedure is being carried out is clean and the tools being used well sterilized. This will ensure that no infections will precede a teeth whitening treatment.
Check out our main page: http://www.tmclife.net