At Therapeutix Wellness Center
Why Pregnant Women Should Avoid Using Massage Chairs
Below are the reasons why pregnant women should not use massage chairs:
- Pressure points: massage chairs are programmed to affect specific pressure points like the back region. If this happens and gets to the extreme, it may lead to premature labor or make the water break leading to bleeding.
- Heating pad: A massage chair that has a heating pad may negatively affect the unborn child. The heating pad will make the heart of the unborn child beat abnormally fast and this may cause cardiovascular disorders.
- Vibration: Though the vibration in a massage chair is not a cause for concern as it is just like walking, it should not be taken to the extreme. The longest period a pregnant woman should be on a massage chair is twenty minutes.
- Electromagnetic radiation: A massage chair uses electric power and may emit some radiations. Though the radiations emitted are quite low, you should not stay for too long on the massage chair.
- Pregnancy stage: In the first trimester, a pregnant woman should keep off a massage chair as there is a high risk of miscarriage. If you must use a massage chair, wait until the first trimester is over.
Therapeutix Wellness Center
Check out our main page: http://www.tmclife.net