At Therapeutix Wellness Center
Pregnancy Massage Fundamentals
A massage therapist who wishes to specialize in pregnancy massage therapy should undertake a course so that she will be able to know and understand all the physical, psychological, and emotional changes that affect a pregnant woman. Below are some of the issues that one should be able to understand before she can become a professional pregnancy massage therapist:
- She should be able to know the benefits that a pregnant woman, as well as the unborn child, will get from a pregnancy massage.
- She should know all the complications related to pregnancy as well as their symptoms that would hinder a pregnancy massage.
- The massage therapist should know all the changes that will take place in the body of the pregnant woman and how the massage therapy should be modified to accommodate the changes.
- The massage therapist should also know how to prepare the form that will be used by a pregnant woman when submitting the details regarding her health status before the massage.
- Every massage therapist should know the parts of the body that should be massaged and those that will not be massaged.
The right materials should also be available during the massage including the right massage table as well as the pillows that will be used to make the pregnant woman more comfortable.
A doctor’s approval should also be sought especially for women who have high-risk pregnancies before the massage is carried out. Failure to do this, you will be held accountable if anything goes wrong during the massage. If you are not sure about the safety of the massage, do not carry out the massage as a professional.
Therapeutix Wellness Center
Check out our main page: http://www.tmclife.net