At Therapeutix Wellness Center
How to Give an Exceptional Pregnancy Massage
The following are the steps that you should take when a pregnant woman comes to your spa for a massage to ensure that she gets a memorable experience:
- If there are any health concerns, you should let the massage therapist know. There is no way he will know what you are suffering from unless you inform him and failure to do this will be putting your life and the life of the unborn child at risk.
- Ensure the client is comfortable: once the pregnant woman arrives at the spa, you should ensure that she is as comfortable as possible. Make the massage table comfortable by providing pillows that the woman will lie on. If possible get the pillows that are specially designed for use by expectant mothers.
- Keep communication open so that the pregnant client will be able to say if a certain position is making her uncomfortable. The use of massage table that has a hole in the middle is not the best option as it will cause much strain on the uterine muscles.
- Allow the client to undress up to the level she is most comfortable. If she wishes to leave some of the clothes on during the massage, let her be. The more comfortable she is during the massage, the better the outcome.
- The use of massage oils should be done with caution as there are massage oils that are dangerous during pregnancy and may lead to preterm labor. A professional pregnancy massage therapist will know the right oils to use.
Therapeutix Wellness Center
Check out our main page: http://www.tmclife.net